Website Emmanuel School
Independent Christian School
Job Vacancy – Teacher of Science (Secondary)
From January or February 2024, Emmanuel School is looking to appoint a part-time (2 or 3 days per week) exceptional teacher of secondary Science to develop, plan and deliver effective and high-quality learning experiences for all learners in our secondary department. This is a demanding post as the successful candidate will teach all science subjects to all secondary year groups from Year 7 through to Year 11 (GCSEs). The successful candidate must be committed to school improvement.
For an application form or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Mrs Ann Kendrick on 01922 635810 or by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
There may be a possibility of extra hours if the applicant can be involved in other areas of school life.
Applications are to be in by Friday 20th October 2023 with interviews in the following week if possible.
• The role will involve contact with children so the successful candidate must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
• Emmanuel School will seek references for short-listed candidates before the interview and will approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience and qualifications.
• If you are currently working with children, in a paid or voluntary capacity, your employer will be asked about disciplinary offences relating to children, including any for which the penalty time has expired and whether you have been subject to any child protection concerns and if so, the outcome of any enquiry or disciplinary procedure. If you are not currently working with children but have done so in the past, your previous employer will be asked about those issues.
• Providing false information is an offence and could result in the application being rejected or summary dismissal if you have been selected and possible referral to the police.
• Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
This post carries a genuine occupational requirement to be a Christian as defined under the Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations 2003.
Emmanuel School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Emmanuel School provides Christian Education for children from Nursery until their GCSEs. We aim to provide a broad and balanced Bible-based curriculum for children in every age group.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.