The Christian Schools’ Trust is a registered charity and a group of independent Christian schools working together aiming toward putting faith and a relationship with God central to the process of education. There are around 35 member schools that vary greatly in their profiles and backgrounds but our common vision draws us together in strong friendships and partnerships. Although each school is completely autonomous in its government we work together through CST in many ways to enhance the effectiveness of our education. CST is also a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), The Independent Schools Christian Alliance (TISCA), the Association of Christian Teachers (ACT) and Affinity.
Benefits of Full School Membership
- A relational national network of Christian headteachers and school staff
- Significant savings on CST provided conferences
- Regular meetings for headteachers, online and face-to-face
- Regional What’s AppTM group networking for advice and prayer
- Biblically-based Subsidised training for teachers in being a Christian Educator
- Biblically-based training for headteachers, governors and middle leaders
- Advertising of staff vacancies through CST channels and website
- Advertising of school, increasing pupil enquiries, through website
- Personal advice, prayer and support from experienced leaders and professionals
- Access to CST Christian ethos inspections
- Access to networking with other education organisations and advocacy groups
- Networking with other schools for corporate events (e.g., sports)
- Sharing of policies and curriculum practices across schools
- Regular communications with spiritual encouragement, recommendations of resources and practical advice
- Reputational benefits of being a member of CST as a nationally recognised organisation
- Permission to use the CST logo for your school documentation and websites
- As a fully paid member you will have access to the ACSI Membership Plus Level which includes training, the Christian Schools Improvement Platform (CSIP), add job vacancies, international connections and conferences. CST pays for ACSI membership
- As CST pays for TISCA, ACT and Affinity membership, you will have the benefit of advertising job vacancies on their websites as well as the benefit of accessing conferences at reduced rates
CST Membership Fees
- Full Member School UK
0-49 pupils = £143 p.a. + £5.20 per pupil p.a
50-99 pupils = £286 p.a. + £5.20 per pupil p.a.
100 + pupils = £473 p.a. + £5.20 per pupil p.a.
- Guest School Membership = £150 p.a.
- Associate or International School Membership = £150 p.a.
- Personal Individual Membership = £75 Guest or £100 Full membership
This was correct as of September 2023
If you would like to know more about CST full/guest school membership, international CST school membership or personal individual CST membership, then please contact the CST office at firstname.lastname@example.org
CST Mission Statement
- The Christian Schools’ Trust is a group of Christ-centred educators who enable the next generation to know God, love Him and walk in His ways.
- Our mission is to encourage, support and train Christians to educate this and future generations in the light of His word, by the power of God’s Spirit and for the extension of God’s Kingdom.
CST has three broad aims:
- To lay foundations of Biblical Christian truth in the area of education.
- To develop networks that support and strengthen Christian schools of quality.
- To serve others by promoting Christian education across the UK as well as in other nations.
- Primarily to support and encourage existing independent Christian schools, to lay and maintain a foundation of biblical truth in education, flourish and become established within the educational provision in the UK to the glory of God.
- To facilitate the formation of new independent Christian schools of quality by providing guidance, support and information, mainly but not exclusively within the UK.
- To enable member schools to successfully meet current government requirements.
- Through its training and conferences, to equip and empower Christians from the UK, Europe and other national contexts to teach from the biblical worldview, in the light of God’s word, the power of the Holy Spirit and for the sake of God’s Kingdom.
- To develop and share insights on all aspects of curriculum and school management in line with the biblical worldview (as defined in policy documents).
- To promote research both school and university-based, relating to Christianity and education; equipping the school communities to interpret, challenge and creatively develop culture.
- To promote a variety of publications associated with the activities of the Trust for the benefit of all organisations sharing CST aims, including UK churches and home educators in addition to Christian schools.
- To share information that will facilitate the development of Christian education in the UK, Europe and worldwide.
The work of CST is overseen by a group of Trustees and a Core team – led by CEO, Steve Beegoo.